How to Improve Indoor Air Quality Services in Northeastern Ohio
As an Ohio resident, you’re quite familiar with the weather extremes Mother Nature sends your way. Frigid, snowy winters are replaced with hot and humid summers. As a homeowner, you’ve invested time and money into adequately insulating your home to lose as little of your conditioned air as possible. However, when you keep the conditioned air in, you also trap a variety of pollutants that can adversely affect your respiratory health.
At Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer a wide range of indoor air quality products designed to remove harmful contaminants in the air to help you breath easier.
Are you interested in learning more about the indoor air quality products we offer in Dalton and Massillon? Contact our HVAC professionals today.
Benefits of Installing an Indoor Air Quality Product in Your Home
The Environmental Protection Agency defines indoor air quality as “the air quality within and around buildings and structures, especially as it relates to the health and comfort of building occupants.” Poor air quality inside your home can contribute to the following symptoms:
- Eye, nose, and throat irritation
- Trouble concentrating
Poor indoor air quality is caused by the following factors:
- Tobacco smoke
- Excessive humidity
- Deteriorating asbestos insulation
- Gases released from new flooring, carpets, or upholstery
- Household cleaning and hobby supplies
- Exhaust from fuel-burning appliances like furnaces and stoves
Our Indoor Air Quality Services in Dalton & Massillon
Air Cleaner Installation
Superior indoor air quality is a must if you want to be comfortable in your home. At Shanklin, we install the F1000 Aprilaire Air Cleaner by Honeywell, which provides outstanding performance in Dalton area homes. The F1000 offers the following benefits:
- Exceptional performance: The F1000 is four times more efficient than normal one-inch filter devices and is more than 85 percent more effective at trapping harmful particulates that circulate throughout your home.
- Efficiency: This system is highly effective in catching dust, smoke, mold, pet dander, and more.
- Longevity: With the F1000, your filter will last up to four times longer than a standard air cleaner. Filter replacements are only necessary once or twice per year instead of quarterly.
- Compatibility: This air cleaner works seamlessly with all types of air conditioning and heating systems and can convert to an electronic air cleaner if desired.
UV Light Air Purifier Installation
You can counteract the harmful effects of these air pollutants by installing an indoor air quality device to suit your specific needs. We offer air cleaners that we install inside your ductwork that use ultraviolet light to neutralize pollutants. This award-winning Advanced Photocatalytic Oxidation (APCO) product offers the following advantages:
- One system purifies the air in your home
- Neutralizes odors and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Destroys mold, viruses, bacteria, and other allergens
- Reduces moisture buildup inside HVAC ducts
- Doesn’t produce ozone
Whole-Home Humidifier Installation
We also offer home humidifier systems that keep your home at the perfect humidity level to reduce symptoms like coughing, dry nasal passages, itchy skin, and other health problems caused by overly dry air during the winter when your furnace is running.
The ideal home maintains a humidity level between 40 to 50 percent for optimal comfort. If the humidity in your home consistently rises above that level, you may notice several undesirable conditions that can affect your health and overall comfort. We offer a variety of dehumidifiers designed to keep humidity levels in check and eliminate bothersome conditions such as:
- Allergy symptoms: Allergens like dust mites, mold, and mildew love damp environments and can quickly cause an allergy flareup for sensitive family members.
- Bad odors: Dehumidifiers eliminate musty odors caused by mold and mildew.
- Condensation: A dehumidifier will stop unwanted condensation from forming on windows, walls, and ceilings, which leads to mold growth and structural damage.
- Insects: Pests thrive in damp environments that will be eliminated with the use of a dehumidifier.
Duct cleaning is an extremely efficient tool in eliminating harmful pollutants from your home. Not only can duct cleaning improve indoor air quality, it can also improve airflow in your HVAC system, leading to better temperature control and lower energy costs. Additionally, clean ducts can prolong the life of your HVAC unit since the amount of dirty air cycling through its components will be greatly reduced.
Our trained technicians will inspect your ductwork to determine if your ducts have a large buildup of dust and other contaminants. We use the best equipment and precision techniques to ensure we eliminate the pollutants rather than disturb them where they can continue to recirculate. Signs you might need duct cleaning include:
- Mold inside ductwork
- Excessively dusty surfaces no matter how often you clean
- Lingering odors
- Allergy symptoms such as itchy eyes, sore throat, headaches, fatigue, and more
- Recent home remodeling projects
Don’t live with health problems caused by poor indoor air one minute longer. Call our experts to install an indoor air quality product that meets you and your family’s specific health needs.
Choose Shanklin to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality in Dalton & Massillon
At Shanklin, not only do we care about your comfort, we care about your health. Poor air quality can have a significant impact on your overall health, so we pride ourselves on offering quality, effective solutions that will reduce your symptoms now and keep them from becoming worse in the future. With our air purification and humidifier systems, you can rest assured that harmful pollutants are being removed from the air you and your family breathe inside your Dalton home. Our highly trained technicians will install your indoor air quality product quickly and efficiently so that you can start breathing the best air possible.
Want to find out if indoor air quality products are right for your Dalton or Massillon home? Contact us for an appointment today.
WE WANT YOU!
Our team is looking for technicians! Schedule an interview for you or someone you know today.