Geothermal Energy is a Cost Effective Renewable Green Energy Source
A geothermal system professionally designed and installed by Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning is the most efficient heating and cooling alternative to fossil fuel, by utilizing a renewable green energy resource. Geothermal heating and cooling uses the relatively constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes with 40% to 70% less energy than conventional systems. While conventional furnaces and boilers burn a fuel to generate heat, geothermal heat pumps use electricity to simply move heat from the earth into buildings, allowing much higher efficiencies.
- The most efficient fuel-burning heater can reach efficiencies around 95%, but a geothermal heat pump can move up to 4 units of heat for every unit of electricity needed to power the system, resulting in a practical equivalence of over 400% efficiency.
- Geothermal heating and cooling is an environmentally responsible reliable energy source, which is cost efficient and quiet. Providing a home with a safe heating and cooling energy option, that will greatly reduce utility bills.
- Geothermal heating systems are cost effective to install, operate and maintain. Return can be seen over a short period of time, with the energy savings from a geothermal system. As the heating and cooling savings exceed the cost of installation and maintenance of a geothermal system.
- The lifespan of a ground source heat pump (20-25 years) used in geothermal systems is much longer than a conventional furnace (around 10-15 years), and the underground loop field investment can last a whopping 50-100 years.
- 30% federal tax credit currently available until 2016, a new geothermal system can pay for itself in just a few short years. Ask us if a geothermal system would be a good fit for you.
- Click HERE to visually see how geothermal works.
Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning provides geothermal heating and cooling installation, maintenance and repairs.