Heat pumps are highly reliable, efficient heating and cooling units. Unlike traditional HVAC equipment, heat pumps hold up incredibly well for years without a glitch. However, every piece of mechanical equipment is going to need repairs at some point. If your heat pump is acting up, don’t wait for a small problem to turn into a major headache.
Common Heat Pump Repair Problems
Be on the lookout for these signs that your heat pump needs repairs!
- Weak airflow. This could be a sign of a clogged or dirty unit. Yard debris could be building up in the outdoor unit. Scheduling regular maintenance visits can help you avoid this problem in the future.
- Reduced efficiency. Heat pumps are noted for their superior energy efficiency. If you notice a marked jump in your monthly utility bill, you should have a technician take a look at your heat pump for issues.
- Unusual sounds. Loud clanking, bumping, or whistling sounds probably mean there are loose or damaged components in your heat pump. If you call for service right away, a technician can easily put everything back into place. Waiting too long, however, can severely damage your unit, resulting in costly replacement parts.
- Strange odors. If you notice a musty odor coming from your heat pump, it usually means dirt and debris have collected in the unit. Call a professional to thoroughly clean the unit.
- Ice buildup. When a heat pump leaks refrigerant or has inadequate air circulation, the result is a frozen, inoperable unit. Call a technician immediately to resolve this issue before serious damage occurs.
- Malfunctioning control switch. What’s convenient about heat pumps is that you can change from cooling to heating with the push of a button. Sometimes that control mechanism gets stuck in one mode. A technician can fix this problem in a jiffy.
Is there a problem with your heat pump that requires repairs? Call the experts at Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning today. One of our qualified HVAC technicians will arrive at your Mason home in no time.
24/7 Heat Pump Repairs in Dalton or Massillon
When your heat pump needs repairs, rely on the friendly expert team at Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning to get your system back on track. As a family-owned company founded in 1960, we consistently deliver top-notch customer service for our Wayne, Summit, and Stark County customers. Our technicians are the best in the business and have the know-how to repair heat pumps so that you can be comfortable in your home.
Ready to fix your broken heat pump? Call Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning now for a service appointment.