Geothermal Heat Pump Installation in Dalton & Massillon, OH
Geothermal heat pumps are gaining in popularity as a way to both heat and cool homes that’s different from conventional HVAC systems. Although the initial cost of installing this system is higher than a traditional unit, they are a great investment due to their energy efficiency and extended lifespan. The Department of Energy estimates that homeowners who install geothermal heat pumps will recoup their investment within five to 10 years of installation.
Are you interested in finding out about geothermal heat pumps for your Dalton home? Contact Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning today.
How Do Geothermal Heat Pumps Work?
In Ohio, like most places, the air temperature and humidity level fluctuates significantly throughout the year. However, when you dig a few feet underground, the ground temperature remains steady at about 50 degrees. Geothermal heat pumps tap into this constant ground temperature to produce warm air during the winter and cool air in the summer.
A geothermal heat pump utilizes a highly durable plastic loop placed underground that’s filled with an environmentally safe antifreeze solution. During the winter, the solution circulates through the system to absorb heat from the ground and transfers it into your home through your ductwork. The process continues as a heat exchanger pulls cold air from your home and transfers it back into the loop for it to absorb more heat. In the summer, the process reverses. The heat exchanger draws warm air from the home to cool it underground and circulate it back into the home as cool, conditioned air.
Are you ready to install a geothermal heat pump in your Dalton or Massillon home? Contact the experts at Shanklin today.
Benefits of Geothermal Heat Pumps
When you use a geothermal heat pump, you’re tapping into a natural, abundant energy source – the heat from the earth. Other great benefits include:
- Lower energy costs: According to the Department of Energy, homeowners can expect to lower their energy consumption by 25 to 50 percent.
- Reduced dependence on fossil fuels: During extreme cold snaps, you may have to rely on an additional heat source to heat your home. However, for the majority of the year you won’t use any fossil fuels.
- Increased lifespan: A geothermal heat pump can last as long as 25 years. The underground loop system can last approximately 50 years. This is a distinct advantage over conventional HVAC systems that last 10 to 15 years.
- Convenience of one unit: With a geothermal heat pump, you only need one system to meet both your heating and cooling needs.
- More eco-friendly: Harnessing the heat of the earth to heat and cool your home is one of the most environmentally friendly decisions you can make using today’s technology.
- If you’re ready to install a geothermal heat pump in your Dalton or Massillon home, contact the experts of Shanklin to schedule an appointment.
Choose Shanklin for Geothermal Heat Pump Installation
Since 1960, Shanklin has installed superior heating and cooling products and provided friendly, dependable service to the residents of Wayne, Stark, and Summit Counties. As a family-owned company, we strive to give our customers top-quality service for installations, repairs, or maintenance of geothermal heat pumps, and more. At Shanklin, we install geothermal heat pumps from Bard and Bosch. These companies are on the cutting edge of thermotechnology and are award winners for innovation and energy efficiency.
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of geothermal heat pump installation, call Shanklin today!