Ductless AC Systems in Dalton, Ohio
Ductless cooling systems are a popular solution for Dalton area homeowners with no existing duct system. At Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been installing the latest ductless HVAC systems in local homes for more than 50 years, from our headquarters in Dalton, Hudson, and Massillon.
Interested in having a ductless air conditioner installed in your home? Speak to our ductless HVAC experts and contact us today!
What Is a Ductless AC System?
These compact and innovative mini HVAC systems offer direct cooling in each room without the need for a ducted distribution system. With a ductless mini split, each room’s indoor unit is mounted high on a wall (with a remote control) or in another unobtrusive spot. Indoor units are connected to the outdoor compressor via a conduit that passes through the wall or ceiling. The conduit is only a couple inches in diameter, so it requires no large holes in your wall or ceiling for installation. The conduit contains the refrigerant line, suction tubing, a condensate drain, and a power cable. Your indoor unit(s) serves as an air handler for each room, and the outdoor unit is the condenser.
How Does a Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner Function?
Your ductless HVAC system, or mini split, acts as a heat pump. The system circulates refrigerant that continually changes from low-pressure to high-pressure gas and back to low pressure as it cycles through the system. In hot weather, the refrigerant absorbs heat from the inside of your room and pumps it outdoors, dissipating it with a fan. Cooled air is blown into the room by the indoor unit, and this process continually repeats itself while your mini split is on. In wintertime, the procedure reverses—heat from the outdoor air is absorbed, then blown into your room to warm it.
Ready to have a ductless cooling system installed in your home? Contact Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning to get an estimate!
Ductless air conditioning offers many benefits to Dalton area homeowners. These benefits really highlight the differences between a ductless split AC system and a standard air conditioner. Some of these benefits include:
- Efficiency: Heat or cool only certain rooms that you’re using (zoning) and save energy/money. Avoid the significant energy waste that can come with un-sealed, un-insulated duct systems.
- Improved indoor air quality: The filtration system in the ductless system helps clear the air and, with no ducts to collect debris, allergens aren’t re-circulated.
- Versatility: Ductless systems are small and unobtrusive and don’t require major remodeling to install. There are many installation options for the indoor unit, ceiling, wall, etc. Several indoor units may connect to one outdoor compressor—and you can locate the outdoor unit far away, if necessary, because a simple conduit connects the components.
- Reduced Noise: A properly installed ductless system is quieter than window units or central AC.
- Low impact install: Systems can be quickly installed with only a small conduit hole needed in a wall/ceiling.
Where Can I Install a Ductless AC System?
Ductless heat pumps and air conditioner systems offer heating and cooling solutions that are ideal for many different areas of your home or commercial building. Whether it’s a new or existing structure, a ductless AC could be just what you need for:
- New additions: If you’ve added a room to your home, without extending your ductwork, (due to budget concerns or lack of space for ducts), choose a ductless mini split to keep the room comfortable year-round. If you add a room over your detached garage, a ductless system is ideal. You can boost heating or cooling power in any room that needs it.
- Older or boiler-heated homes (without central AC): Adding ducts would be messy and cost-prohibitive. Add cooling with a ductless mini split.
- Unfinished spaces in your home: Unfinished attics and basements often don’t have ductwork. Go ahead and finish them with insulation and drywall, and don’t worry about adding a duct system—just use a mini-split for year-round comfort.
Find out if a ductless system will work for your needs. To learn more about ductless mini splits or get an estimate, contact Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning today.
How Much Does a Ductless AC Installation Cost?
Prices will vary based on many different factors. Speaking with a professional ductless mini split installation company will help you determine what your potential budget might be. If you’re located near Dalton, Massillon, Hudson, or nearby areas, contact Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning today for an estimate on your ductless mini split AC.
Choose Shanklin for Ductless AC Installation in Dalton, Massillon & Hudson
The Shanklin family is dedicated to delivering value to our customers and making their experience with us an exceptional one—every time. With over 50 years of experience helping Stark, Summit, and Wayne County families with their cooling systems, our expert technicians provide fast and friendly service every day. We use only top-of-the-line products, and our helpful staff members can help you choose the unit that’s best for you.
But our services don’t just stop with ductless mini split systems! We handle a wide range of HVAC services like air conditioning repair, furnace repair, indoor air quality, air duct cleaning, and more!
Why would you go anywhere else? Contact Shanklin Heating & Air Conditioning today for all your home comfort needs!