Zoned Temperature Control in Dalton & Massillon, OH
Control the temperature throughout your entire home!
You wouldn't control all the lights in your home with one switch. Why control the temperature throughout your home with just one thermostat? Different areas of your house have different temperature needs, as do individual family members.
Zoning allows you to control the temperature throughout your entire home, providing your family with total comfort and energy savings.
What is Zoning?
Zoning refers to breaking up your home into different heating or cooling zones. For example, say your upstairs’ rooms are always much warmer than the downstairs rooms (not uncommon because heat rises), you can install one thermostat upstairs and one downstairs and individually control each zone.
How Does Zoning Work?
Zoned heating and air conditioning systems are based around a single HVAC unit. That unit distributes air to the appropriate zones within a house through use of valves (also known as "dampers"). Each damper relegates airflow to a specific zone.
While zoned systems use a single unit, they rely on multiple thermostats, each located in its own zone. You set the temperature in that zone to the degree you would like. If the temperature in the zone rises above or falls below the preset temperature, the heat or air conditioning will kick in to regulate the temperature, keeping it at the desired level. In order to do this the system’s dampers will open in that particular zone; once the appropriate temperature is reach they will close and the unit will shut off.
Does My Home Need a HVAC Zoning System?
Any home would benefit from installing an HVAC zoning system, but homes with certain architectural features often see the biggest energy savings.Some of those features include:
- High (cathedral) ceilings - If one or more rooms have high ceilings and other rooms don’t, you may experience differing temperatures from uneven airflow.
- Lots of large windows - Glass doors and windows are often the primary culprits that allow your temperature-controlled air to escape. Even high-efficiency windows may not be enough to prevent hot or cold spots.
- Multiple stories - Because heat rises, if you only have one central thermostat, your highest levels will be warmer and your lower levels cooler.
- Family members comfortable at different temperatures - Sometimes one family member needs a much warmer or cooler temperature than the others enjoy. Installing a zone in that family member’s room allows them to have individual control of their preferred temperature without affecting the rest of the house.
- Basement or attic living space
- A loft or sun-room
- Above-garage room or apartments
There can be many causes of uneven temperatures in a home. However, hot and cold spots exist even in the most well sealed systems. Shanklin Heating specializes in providing EWC zoning control systems in Massillon Ohio and the surrounding areas. If a zoned system is something you are interested in, contact us today. We can help you decide if a zoned heating and air conditioning system is right your your home.
SHANKLIN PLATINUM COMPLETE PACKAGE:
Includes 98% Platinum Modulating Furnace, 18 Seer Platinum AC or Heat pump, Duct cleaning, air scrubber, air cleaner, a dryer vent cleaning & a humidifier all for 0% for 60 months, as low as $149/month.