Protect Your Family From Overly Dry Air
When you use the Aprilaire Model 500 Humidifier, you eliminate the unhealthy and damaging effects of overly dry air on your family and home.
The Aprilaire Model 500 Humidifier is a whole-home solution that helps you achieve total comfort through humidity control. The Model 500 is installed in your central heating and cooling system ductwork by the great install team at Shanklin.
The Model 500 features:
- A built-in bypass damper, which means less parts to install
- Truly automatic control, but it can also be installed in manual mode
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Provides vital service, temperature and relative humidity indicators in manual mode as well.
- Humidifies tightly constructed homes up to 3,000 square foot in size.
- Performs quietly with simple annual maintenance.
- Comes equipped with a drain to flush minerals from the unit.
- Incorporates easy right or left discharge change-over.
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.50 gallons per hour.
Why does Aprilaire offer an automatic and a manual humidifier control for the Aprilaire humidifiers?
As the #1 manufacturer of humidifiers in the country, Aprilaire feels it is important to offer a humidifier control option for all applications. The automatic digital humidifier control is the top of the line when it comes to technology. An outdoor temperature sensor continuously reports changes in the outdoor temperature to the automatic digital humidifier control located on the cold air return duct. The automatic digital humidifier control uses this information to determine if the home requires additional humidity, to ensure the optimum humidification level is maintained. However, we realize there are some applications where it is impractical or impossible to run an outdoor temperature sensor to the outside. This is why we provide a high quality manual humidifier control for such applications. The automatic digital humidifier control also includes the option of operating in manual mode. Manual operation requires the homeowner to manually adjust the humidity level on the humidifier control as the outdoor temperature changes. Having these options allows flexibility to meet every customer’s humidification needs.
Which Aprilaire humidifier should we purchase for our home?
There frequently are several different Aprilaire models which will adequately humidify your home. The most qualified person to help you decide which Aprilaire humidifier model will best fit your needs is an awesome Shanklin technician. They can recommend and install the best Aprilaire humidifier for your home based on its size, age and construction.