Are You in This Camp?

Posted on: April 25, 2016

If you have an allergy flare-up once a year (or more), something’s wrong

The following info may raise an eyebrow. (Or relieve a nostril!) Do you ever:

  • Randomly get a stuffy nose or wake up with a headache?
  • Feel clammy even after you dry off from a shower?
  • Sometimes get a static “shock” when you walk over carpet in winter?

If “yes” or if you get seasonal allergies, this is not normal. It is quite likely caused by unhealthy indoor air. According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology:

Over 50% of all allergies are related to poor indoor air quality.

This includes air that’s too wet or dry (questions 2 and 3) plus air that has dust mites, pollen, molds, pet dander, insect debris, smoke particulates and “off gassing” of chemicals in your home which could be polluting your lungs. In short, your air can be making you sick.

In our area of northeast Ohio, we do have our share of allergens in the outdoor air. Unfortunately, coming inside does not always provide the protection allergy sufferers seek. For one thing, your indoor air quality can be compromised by the outdoor allergens you carry into your home on your clothes, your shoes or your body. Plus, if your pets are entering and exiting, they’re picking up allergens too. Then you mix that with their pet dander for a little sneeze-fest.

And that’s only the beginning. Your home’s indoor air can also hold within it pollutants from cooking, cleaning and bathing; furnishing or carpeting your home; tending to your hobbies; and basically living life. What’s more, in an airtight home, allergens tend to stay inside and keep recycling themselves with the “help” of your air conditioning and heating system.

So we’d like to suggest an alternative. If “toughing it out” is your normal response, there’s a better way. Let us check out your system. We’ll review your entire air delivery system. Plus, we’ll also make sure your system is running as efficiently as possible so you’re not wasting money.

The results are yours, free. If we find contamination, you make the decision on what to do. No pressure. If we don’t find contamination, then you get great peace of mind. Just fill out this form, or give us a call at 330-832-5848 today.